The Sr. Web Developer is responsible for designing and building enterprise systems as well as general management of SAWS development and production websites. This position conceives, designs, develops, documents, implements and sustains Internet-based applications to support SAWS business.
- Designs, develops, documents, implements, tests, manages, enhances, optimizes and sustains web-based applications using MS tools and other technologies such as .NET 4.0 / ASP.NET / VB.NET / ColdFusion / WCF Web Services / WCF Data Services.
- Utilizes advanced concepts of database protocols related to SQL and Oracle and stored procedures.
- Installs, configures, maintains, tunes, analyzes and optimizes websites set on NT environments (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer, SOA).
- Assesses and identifies HTML and scripting compatibility issues between various browsers in order to assess the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments.
- Partners with business units and Information Systems teams to provide guidance on the development of strategies when building new systems, improving existing functionality or transitioning to new systems.
- Prioritizes and schedules work demand managing initiatives within established scope, quality and customer satisfaction targets.
- Translates functional requirements into technical design documents that outline features and technical specifications.
- Conducts usability testing for Web pages and Web applications before implementation.
- Assists in evaluating third-party products and services for accomplishing Web strategies beyond the scope of in-house capabilities in order to achieve a portfolio of working applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position works under limited supervision and will serve as an Applications Team project lead for development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronic media or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Six years web-based applications development experience (lead developer would be a plus), to include five years’ Web design.
- Three years experience with Object Oriented Programming and entity Framework: ASP/.NET/VB.NET/ColdFusion.
- Three years working experience with SQL Server (2005/2008 preferred) and stored procedures.
- Fluent in the use of HTML and Web application languages.
- Proficient in the use of industry-standard Web authoring tools, graphic and desktop publishing software, relational database software applications, and Win XP or higher versions.
- Master’s Degree in computer science, electronic media or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- Proficient in the use of ColdFusion Web application language.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
- Deep knowledge of the .NET 3.5/4.0 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASMX and WCF Web Services, and ADO.NET.
- Experience on Mobile Application Development
- Microsoft certifications are a plus
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Regular contact with internal customers. Occasional contact with industry peers and consultants.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings. And delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and on-call shifts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires visual acuity and color vision.
- Sits frequently and stands and walks occasionally.
- Working conditions are in an office environment.
- May drive a company and/or personal vehicle when performing duties at field locations.