Job Duties: Provide Web Application Development and Maintenance support on-site at JIOWC Headquarters to accomplish the following tasks:
- Provide services for evaluation, planning, requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing, system integration testing, implementation, deploying, providing service to, providing training for, maintaining or updating JIOWC web-based applications or web-enabling a current system.
- Use JIOWC standard software development languages (i.e. Adobe Coldfusion, Microsoft .NET and COM, C#, and JAVA). Web applications shall be developed for Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and support current industry standard web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE).
- Design and develop web interfaces specific to the application using the JIOWC interface standards already in place and rapid application development principles to achieve a user-friendly interface design.
- Design and develop web based graphics (e.g. banners, icons, buttons, backgrounds, etc.) adhering to JIOWC standards and style sheets for a unified appearance using JIOWC provided development tools for graphics design (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Visual Studio, and Adobe Captivate).
- Provide support to develop or update classroom curriculum and/or computer based training (CBT) materials for supported systems as required by the JIOWC.
- Perform web server software (e.g. Adobe Coldfusion, Microsoft IIS, JAVA, etc.) installation, upgrade, and patch management as required, coordinating with network administrators to minimize impact on users.
- Collaborate with JIOWC Webmasters in the design, development, and maintenance of JIOWC websites and web pages to facilitate the distribution of IO products and data in a production environment to meet new user needs and respond to/anticipate technological innovations.
- Monitor server resources to identify utilization/consumption trends, and projecting when resource utilization/consumption will be such that delivery of services by the servers falls below acceptable performance levels.
- Coordinate with the Database administrator on database requirements, design and develop the database schema required to meet the requirements of the application, and deploy the database in a production environment.
- Coordinate with network administrators on access security requirements required by the Intelligence Community to ensure data security and availability to all participating organizations.
Requisite Personnel Qualifications:
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with USSTRATCOM organization desired
- Familiarity with Joint processes, operations, and commands.
- Possess 7 years’ experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing, system integration testing, implementation, deploying, providing service to, providing training for, maintaining or updating web based applications.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience with the following development software and technologies: Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and Captivate; Microsoft .Net environment; Adobe Coldfusion Application server and Coldfusion rapid application development language and Web server software (e.g. Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) web server).
- Knowledge of commercial and industry-standard web-application development software including Perl, PHP, Java, XML script writing, and newer web technologies.
- Possess IAT Level 1 certification per DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, Incorporating Change 3, January 24, 2012.
- Possess the appropriate DoD-approved IA baseline certification outlined in DoD 8570.01-M, Appendix 3, Table T1.
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft operating systems, a wide range of standard office automation products (e.g. Microsoft Office), and web browser applications (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, et al.).