Design and develop systems to provide information to employees, sales agents, business partners, and customers via web-based applications.
- Design – Design and enhance databases and systems to fit user processes and workflow. Create efficient and system-optimized programs and develop readable, reusable, and logical code.
- Data Integrity – Ensure accuracy by keeping databases in-sync with i-Series data.
- Availability – Verify that websites and data are available and promptly remedy problems.
- Back-up and Redundancy – Ensure data can be recovered and perform restoration procedures when necessary.
- Troubleshooting – Research, resolve problems, and answer user questions quickly.
- Communication – Communicate professionally both verbally and in writing. Ensure user specifications are identified and considered throughout all stages of design and development. Translate technical details into simple, work-related concepts for users. Communicate clearly and frequently to keep users informed and trained to use system tools appropriately.
- Report to and perform other work or projects as directed by the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Overview of Technology Services Department: Provide technical resources, guidance, and functions (such as computer user support, network and web services, electronic marketing, and business intelligence reporting) to promote continuous development for users including employees, sales agents, business partners, and both prospective and current policyholders.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of web and database server configuration.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office applications such as Word, MS Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- High school diploma or GED with three years experience in design, development, and deployment of web-based applications; or any combination of education, professional training, or work experience that demonstrates ability to do the job.
- Experience using ColdFusion, PHP, SQL, SSIS, jQuery, Ajax, or scripting (BAT, FTP).
- Knowledge of insurance products and experience with insurance company operations, organization, procedures, and policies.