The function of the Sr. Web Integration Developer (Sr. Developer) is to integrate with different systems to industry standards. The Sr. Developer is responsible for completing projects within budgeted hours to maintain profitability of each project.
The Sr. Developer will be mainly performing development tasks and unit testing. In some situations the Sr. Developer will also be asked to work on business analysis, architecture and/or work orders from the BA, PM or QA team.
The Sr. Developer works closely with the project managers, QA team and other project development team members to develop solutions per client requirements and approved design. The Sr. Developer may interact with clients in a technical advisory capacity. This is in addition to other company employees throughout the organization that fall with in the normal scope of interaction with this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree, plus 5+ years experience or equivalent combination of experience/education is required
- 5+ years of experience in JAVA
- 5+ years of experience in delivering solutions using Mule ESB or equivalent
- Some experience and hands-on knowledge of ColdFusion
- Possess working knowledge of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Strong knowledge of EAI/SOA best practices, development methodologies & standards
- Solid programming skills using J2EE, Design Patterns, JMS, SOAP / REST Web Services, XSLT, CXF, Spring Framework, etc.
- Experienced troubleshooting Mule ESB, including working with debuggers, flow analyzers and configuration tools
- Strong EDI knowledge in e-commerce domain
- Experience with development & deployment tools such as Maven and Jenkins
- Demonstrated experience implementing Mule ESB architecture, rules, caching etc. or equivalent
- Experience with Mule administration, configuration and tuning
Necessary Skills or Characteristics:
- Solid career as a developer with an interested in potentially functioning as a team lead.
- Ability to successfully mentor less experienced developers
- Strong skills in JAVA, XML, SQL and EDI
- Must understand the principles of integration
- Knowledge of software development best practices
- An ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic entrepreneurial environment. Coding, testing, debugging, implementing and documenting complex programs
- Provides technical advice on complex integration needs.
- Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified messages.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all level of stakeholders, support personnel, and clients
- Ability to interact with client
- Develop integration solutions per design, budget and timelines.
- Maintain web applications using standard APIs
- Identify and report potential development issues impacting timeline and/or budget.
- Perform unit and benchmark testing for developed solution
- Develop technical documentation when necessary
- FollowJaggedPeak’s programming standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the EDGE core product (will be provided by JP)
- Keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
- Complete work orders/task as assigned and within budgeted timeframes.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Business Analysis, Architecture.
- Work closely with the project managers, QA team and other project development team members to develop solutions per client requirements and approved design.
- Interact with clients in a technical advisory (SME) capacity.
- Develop a professional working relationship with company employees throughout the organization that fall with in the normal scope of interaction with this position.