Under the guidance and direct supervision of the University of California, Davis Health System (UCDHS), Institute for Population Health Improvement (IPHI) Analyst VI supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the functionality of websites and web-based databases to support the business functions of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Tobacco Control Program. The position analyzes website and web-based needs and recommends and implements solutions using information technology methods; works on analysis and support of web systems; provides back up Help Desk support and technical assistance to program staff and contractors; provides training to staff and contractors on the use of information systems; and develops information processing standards and procedures. The incumbent functions as the technical subject matter expert and performs as the liason between the CDPH program staff and external contractors that provide web-based and informtion technology-related services. In additon, the incumbant will supervise technical staff for this program.–Excellent written communications skills for creating concept documents, maintaining manuals, transmitting information to diverse audiences. Communicate clearly and concisely verbally, including the ability to share highly technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of creating, designing, developing and maintaining data driven websites using technologies such as: ColdFusion, Dreamweaver, Photoshop,
and FrontPage 2003, HTML.
- Experience in designing web page layout; determining web page technical requirements; writing, editing and proofing content; updating websites; creating backup files; and solving coding errors.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize principles and practices of project management and work flow analysis.
- Experience providing training and technical assistance on an individual and group basis; develop training documents and train team members in proper use of complex technical equipment and software.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.