GlobalNet Services, Inc. (GNSI) is an award winning Information Technology firm that is seeking an experienced mid to senior-level ColdFusion/Web Developer with at least five years of hands-on experience in application and web technologies solutions.
- Integrate frontend UI code with server side applications developed in ColdFusion and other technologies
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Work closely with other designers, developers, and analysts to help enhance usability
- Develop, maintain, enhance, and support fully functioning applications that comply with client and GNSI standards
- Work with Quality Assurance and senior team members to ensure high quality of work produced.
- Stay current on new technologies as they relate to web-based application development
- Take ownership of assigned development projects
- Develop documentation including screen shots, help text, report samples, and screen samples
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Object Oriented development concepts
- Understanding of MVC architecture
- Knowledge of Section 508 accessibility requirements for federal agencies
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments to timely completion
- Values-based personality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain positive and healthy relationships with all project team members and customers
- Ability to write system design documents
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts and new programming languages
- Subversion (SVN) or other source management experience
- Experience with Government sites and applications preferred
- Ability to follow existing configuration management and application development protocols.
- Extensive object oriented ColdFusion experience is a plus
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with section 508 compliance
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or relevant combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years of ColdFusion experience or five (5) or more years of other tag/scripting languages experience
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years developing web applications.