Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet customers’ needs.
- Interface with customers to obtain understanding of the project requirements.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Develop, maintain, enhance, and support fully functioning applications that comply with client and GNSI standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Work in collaboration with clients to troubleshoot issues and provide professional support for enterprise systems.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
- Proficient in Object Oriented ColdFusion development.
- Understanding of MVC or N-tier architecture.
- Solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments to timely completion.
- Values-based personality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain positive and healthy relationships with all project team members and customers.
- Strong SQL development skills.
- Ability to write technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Experience working with systems analyst to provide technical perspective on gathering requirements/business process information.
- Ability to follow existing configuration management and application development protocols.
- Ability to write and execute unit tests.
Other Desired Skills:
- Understanding of integration concepts.
- ColdFusion administration experience.
- Familiarity with section 508 compliance.
- Experience with requirements management tools is a plus.
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems or related field or relevant combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years current ColdFusion experience.
- 5+ years current Oracle PL/SQL or MS SQL development experience.