ROLE SUMMARY STATEMENT
This individual will be responsible for developing all web-based and online communications. The web developer will work closely with the studio manager, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming database administration is also part this position. Quality checks work of freelance artists as directed. Recommends appropriate resources, new studio technical systems and applications, and equipment upgrades and replacements. Implements Best Practices process, resource and budget management, and adheres to Corporate and Department policies and procedures as well as contractual obligations. Inspires staff and fosters creative, productive and rewarding relationships internally and externally.
THE ROLE OF MCRS WITHIN CHOICE
Lead all sales, marketing, eCommerce and distribution efforts as a means to drive RevPAR performance for our brands and hotel owners. To that end, we have adopted the following destination statement for our department:
- Choice MCRS aspires to be the RevPAR growth engine of our Company
- By delivering strong CRS and CP contribution
- While consistently satisfying the needs of guests, franchisees, and employees.
- To do so, we must build :
- An inspiring place to learn, grow and internally advance in career;
- A highly effective team that operates responsively, collaboratively and cost efficiently;
- An organization that consistently delivers world-class marketing, eCommerce, and reservation results.
Accordingly, our MCRS teams share and pursue growth in the following business performance metrics as measures of our success:
- RevPAR Index
- Central Reservations System Contribution
- Choice Privileges Contribution
- Franchisee LTR
- MCRS Employee Satisfaction
- Reports to Studio Manager, Creative Services
- Oversee junior level freelance web artists on certain projects as needed
PRIMARY REPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Takes the lead on producing e-newsletters, e-blasts, web banner ads, e-vites, e-games and all other web communications for the Creative Services department.
- Presents concepts to managers, account team and clients, assures the clients needs are met.
- Reviews, directs and corrects work of freelance artists. Ensures all graphics being used are current, rights-secured, identity standards are accurate and approves all work prior to submitting to Studio Manager for routing.
- Takes direction from Studio Manager regarding assignments, reprioritization and deadlines.
- Works with Studio Manager to ensure all work is within budget from beginning through end.
- Continues to expand knowledge base and stays on top of design trends via webinars, conferences, classes, reading, etc. Keep up with web communications technology and integration of this technology with other social media platforms.
Financial Duties & Administration
- Delivers all work within estimate and deadline.
- Works with Studio Manager to ensure all work is within budget.
- Adheres to all standards, processes for building and archiving mechanical files as well as graphic files and all electronic and paper files.
- Uses all allocated resources responsibly and if needed, strives to acquire additional resources.
- Fully and accurately completes timesheet each day.
- Attends all weekly staff and production status meetings with team.
- Evaluates team resources such as software, hardware, printers, file management, etc., and implements use for optimal ROI. Recommends procedural changes as warranted, and makes written recommendations to supervisor.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Contributes to a strong team.
- Contributes to job engagement and morale of creative team, and ensures that strong, positive relationships are developed with other department team members, other company employees and vendors.
- Skilled at effectively listening, compassion, insight, and outreach to and engagement with other functional teams, freelancers/consultants and vendors.
- Recognizes and promotes success/contributions, and identifies areas of potential conflict and resolves issues before they get out of hand.
- Participates in dept/corporate meetings, seminars and team outings as relevant and requested.
- Represents the team, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Represents supervisor at meetings and other functions as requested.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires ten or more years of related work experience within an advertising agency, design firm or Fortune 500 companys in-house studio.
- Requires strong programming skills that can build and maintain web-based communications that function well
- Must be expert with MAC web software programs including: Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 & CS5, Adobe Flash CS4 & CS5, GoLive
- Ability to think strategically yet organize the details, follow protocols and procedures, take ownership/accountability
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism and integrity and understanding of integrated marketing communication
- Thrives in a fast-paced and high-energy marketing environment
- Attention to details and accuracy required.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bachelors degree of Science in Communication or related field preferred