SiteVision, headquartered in Roanoke, Virginia, is currently seeking a well-rounded Senior Web Applications Developer to join our growing, fast-paced development team. Selected candidates will work in a full-time remote / telecommute capacity, interacting daily with other members of the team and our clients.
Senior Web Application Developers are responsible for multiple facets of the application lifecycle, including interface layout, database architecture, application development, quality assurance, and project documentation. ColdFusion experience is required. Candidates should have a solid foundation with Model-View-Controller patterns, Object Oriented programming concepts, and at least one modern framework. Senior Web Application Developers are expected to take ownership of technical growth within the company, including researching and implementing new systems, training other developers, and leading development efforts.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of dedicated experience with Adobe ColdFusion / Railo / Lucee
- Minimum 1 year of enterprise level application development, using MVC and OO techniques
- Significant experience writing with CFScript
- Significant experience with a modern ColdFusion framework, such as FW/1 (preferred), ColdBox, CFWheels, Fusebox etc.
- Professional Knowledge of ECMAScript 6
- Experience using Node.js, Gulp or Grunt
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft T-SQL, database design, including experience with complex data joins, views, and stored procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Git and Git principals (branching, merging, rebasing, cherry picking, etc.)
- Significant experience working in a Linux based server environment
Ideal Candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of the Docker package management system or similar
- Practical experience writing ColdFusion unit tests and/or Selenium tests
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments using Jenkins, Bamboo or similar
- Experience working with Atlassian Jira, or similar issue management system
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Experience with responsive design, using Bootstrap, and a CSS pre-processor (Sass or Less)
- Project documentation experience using a wiki
- Prior experience working in a full-time remote development position
- Experience with mobile application development and deployment