LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED. NO PER DIEM OR RELOCATION OFFERED AT THIS TIME.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK – SPECIFIC
Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Application development also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing and program implementation functions. Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems, the production of new systems, along with evaluating and deploying emerging mobile applications. The Subcontractor shall provide enterprise application services by supplying an adequately and appropriately skilled IT professional.
MSA Software Engineer Services (SES) requires a junior software engineer who will provide backup support for website applications developed in ColdFusion and ASP.NET with back ends developed in SQL Server and Oracle. A variety of SES applications and systems will be supported. Support includes helping to troubleshoot production problems and complete System Change Requests (SCRs).
The software engineer for this project should be able to:
- Troubleshoot software production issues with minimal guidance
- Develop using .NET technology
- Develop ASP.NET website changes using Visual Studio IDE
- Develop ColdFusion website changes using Adobe ColdFusion IDE
- Understand and follow basic Software Development Process
- Develop technical documentation
- The software engineer will work directly with a senior software engineer, other project software engineers, the project manager, and customer subject matter experts.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A degreed professional with minimal software programming experience and software support skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Desired Qualifications
- Development experience with .NET, ColdFusion, or similar technology
- Experience with a ColdFusion Builder, Adobe Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, or similar
- Experience with relational database design
- Experience with Structured Query Language
Subcontractor shall ensure that its personnel meet and maintain the appropriate training, qualifications, and certification requirements as applicable.