Position responsible for System design and architecture, Requirements gathering, Programming and software engineering, Data management, Application development and testing, Establishing workflows and other automation capabilities, Meeting client quality assurance requirements as stated in MSC – PRO – IS – 309, Controlled Software Management, Meeting software lifecycle standards including meeting clients System Engineering, Change Control Board (SECB) and Production Readiness Review Board (PRRB), Mobile application development as required, Providing application and web consulting services, Software documentation, Web development and maintenance, Support of Disaster Recovery programs, Compliance with client Cyber Security Programs.
Other Position Duties/Considerations:
- Decision Making: Effectively analyze available information. This may involve going to alternate sources for additional information and guidance. Ability to prioritize and be flexible with standard operating procedures in order to meet customer needs.
- Team Skills: Assist co-workers and take on new responsibilities. Assist in special projects.
- Communications: Effectively work with a variety of customers using tact and diplomacy while giving outstanding customer service. Good writing skills to create status reports and identify process improvements.
- Attitude/Dependability/Initiative: Anticipate customer needs, share ideas and suggestions to improve performance. Ensure contract commitments and work turnaround timeframes are met.
- Other Activities: Perform work activities in a safe manner at all times.
- Physical Requirements: lift up to 35 lbs., sit for up to 3 hours at a time, keyboarding up to 2 hours.
BS or BA from accredited college/university in Information Technology or related discipline and 5 years’ experience in IT field or Master’s Degree in IT or related discipline and 3 years’ experience in IT field.
Considered a subject matter expert and authority in disciple. Prior Hanford experience and basic knowledge of project management practices highly desired. Experience at Department of Energy Site or equivalent/other government field.
Some positions may require a DOE Q Clearance.
Active DOE Q Clearances are desired.
Un-cleared positions; a favorable background investigation is required.
Employees will comply with all DOE and WESTECH Drug Testing Policies.
Cleared employees will be subject to WSAP Random Drug Testing.
Job Status Full Time Regular