Selected candidate will support Systems Development efforts for the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, ePermits project as well as for other projects for the GSA. Candidate will possess a wide range of technical and consulting skills and be able to provide both hands-on technical support as well as client consulting support throughout the project lifecycle.
Responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate software development tools.
- Participate in proposal activities. Assist in writing technical proposal responses.
- Design and develop software enhancements in JAVA. Develop Technical Design Documents (TDDs. ) Provide operational and maintenance support for a production Java system. Provide off hours support for the production web server as required. Install required security patches.
- Install and manage Site Minder web agent on a LINUX platform. Coordinate with external parties to install and test Siteminder upgrades and build new environments.
- Provide Business Analyst support for the USDA customer. Work with customer to define, document and prioritize software enhancement requirements. Review and clarify system defect reports. Develop User Acceptance test procedures. Develop and maintain user and technical system documentation. Manage client expectations concerning scope and schedule.
- Meet regularly with customer management , the Change Control Board (CCB) , and the hardware operations team to explain project progress and review technical issues.
- Provide technical oversight for effort to implement Oracle 11g data partitioning and data compression. Evaluate tools and techniques. Develop and test strategy.
- Coordinate technical aspects of the project, including but not limited to, code reviews, scrums, design reviews, enforcing best practices, providing technical guidance and mentorship.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans; Keep up-to-date on overall activities.
- Manage risk effectively and escalate issues and risks appropriately.
- Perform daily personnel management responsibilities for any direct reports; expense approvals, timesheet review, leave request management, individual employee one-on-one meetings, etc.
- Develop, mentor, and encourage teams/program and individual growth through Performance Management systems and individual meetings with team members.
- The selected candidate will have a degree in Information Systems (or equivalent) and at least 15 years of progressive experience in the field of IT.
- Experience installing and managing a Siteminder Web agent in a LINUX environment is preferred.
- A PMP certification is required
- Prior experience with the USDA APHIS ePermits system is preferred.
- Must be a US Citizen and clearable to a DOD Secret level, existing DOD Secret clearance a plus.
- Experience and proficiency with the following technologies and languages is desired:
Java Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
HTML, CSS, DHTML
XML Process Definition Language- XPDL
Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
- Demonstrated ability to grow and manage complex customer relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complicated concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, deploy and maintain project delivery programs throughout the entire SDLC.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm; innovative team player.
- Experience managing programs that utilize Oracle and IBM stacks