In support of Boeing Capital Corporation (BCC), EO&T is currently seeking a talented, knowledgeable, and adaptive individual with extensive experience developing and supporting complex, internally built and commercially available vendor supplied, database driven web and client server applications primarily utilizing the Microsoft technology stack with Boeing standard system development tools.
The position requires direct daily customer interaction in the support of Boeing Capital Corporation’s operations, including those in executive, managerial and staff positions. It also requires flexibility, willingness and desire to fulfill multiple IT roles as needed to support the Boeing Capital Corporation mission.
General requirements include the ability to:
- Determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs, and other application architecture requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Boeing software and system standards including Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) controls.
- Develop, implement, and document all software, integrations, interfaces, and related system components.
- Ability to write SQL queries, views, stored procedures, triggers and other common database objects.
- Committed to creating databases and objects demonstrating accepted normalization rules adhering to the fundamentals of database design.
- Some experience solving problems and finding ETL solutions between different database platforms, specifically to/from SQL Server and Teradata, Oracle and Excel. Experience in syntactical differences of the various databases is useful. Collaborate with DBAs to set up DBLinks, service accounts and other architectural items in support of our projects.
- Proficient in the .Net framework and the C# language that can mentor the other developers as we look at developing new web based tools on that platform. Redesign of selected ColdFusion applications in C# will be an important effort in the future.
- We have a number of applications currently written in Flex (ActionScript) and ColdFusion which are critical to the business. The ability to come up to speed in in those languages is important.
- In support of the business applications the developer should be comfortable with a variety of other languages and tools:
- Visual Basic
- Frameworks (Mach ii, Cairngorm, MVC)
- An interest in emerging technologies to support Data analysis tools.
- A willingness to collaborate with our customers to refine requirements, coordinate fixes, and develop solutions to their problems.
- Able to present information to various groups to gather support for a project or elicit new ideas. Ability to maintain close relationships with the many business experts at BCC which allows us to better understand their issues and align application to their business processes.
- Knowledge of capital finance related to aircraft financing. Understanding of accounting business cycles emphasizing order to cash and record to report processes.
- Follow a variety software development methodologies to include agile and waterfall and perform a multi-disciplined range of technical systems and application activities.
- Modify or upgrade applications to maintain software functionality.
- Perform customer consultation, requirements elicitation, analysis, design, implementation, test, review and documentation in order to support the applications’ technical sustainment and enhancement.
- Design, develop, maintain and execute test plans.
- Conduct problem diagnosis, root cause analysis, and resolution activities.
- Work with the business customers to expand the application knowledge base and improve user effectiveness.
- Manage internal and external database interfaces.
- Develop, design, integrate and maintain all assigned computer applications.