Essential Job Duties
This blended position supports faculty, staff and graduate students with the effective use of instructional technology. This position delivers hands-on instruction on technical capabilities as well as best practices when using instructional technology in courses. This position will also assist with web development and support tasks.
Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the area of assignment; or bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the area of assignment; or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Departmental Required Skills
- Experience supporting faculty in a higher education environment
- Experience creating online training or course materials (job aids, tutorials, etc.)
- Experience in working with clients to integrate technology into instruction
- Knowledgeable of effective practices for blended and online learning
- Proficient with learning management systems (e.g., Moodle, Sakai)
- Proficient with web conferencing tools (e.g., Blackboard Collaborate, Google Hangouts)
- Awareness of classroom technologies such as capture systems (Mediasite) and student response tools (clickers)
- Experience with various programming languages, and databases
- Experience in designing and developing courses using distributed/distance technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work as part of a team, and to establish collegial relationships with faculty and staff
- Project management, including managing time, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, and meeting milestones and deliverables
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Master’s degree in instructional technology, training & development or a related field
- 2+ years of experience supporting faculty in a higher education environment
- Experience teaching workshops in a higher education environment
- Experience teaching instructional technology topics, such as developing course websites, facilitating online discussion, etc.
- Experience in the design & development of instructional multimedia (e.g., Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia)
- Experience working on a help desk and providing user support
- Expert–level knowledge of learning management systems and web conferencing tools used at NC State University (Moodle, Blackboard Collaborate, Google Hangout)
- Experience programming in ColdFusion
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Web application development process