Seeking an entry to mid-level Software Developer to support our mission oriented customer task for new and existing software and database systems development and support.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain enterprise business process solutions.
- Work individually or on development team to deliver customized applications using Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies.
- Design and develop application prototypes, utilities, and solutions across multiple environments using full life-cycle methodologies (requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation).
- Gather technical requirements and develop design specifications.
- Produce specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model.
- Participate in internal design reviews and code reviews; perform unit testing and conduct system testing. Assist with and provide input to implementation plans and operational plans.
- Create project work estimates;
- Report progress to program manager on a bi-weekly schedule or as necessary in a timely and effective manner
- Set priorities and resolve project issues with customer.
- When necessary get direction from program manager when issues need to be escalated.
Required Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in proven problem solving and analytical skills as they relate to Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies and
Ability to work independently to complete project activities;
- possessing initiative to address issues and opportunities
- Flexible and able to work under tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to implement solutions and identify operational or management issues.
- Creative, collaborative, team-oriented
- Prior consulting experience is advantage.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in customer interfacing skills including need assessment, requirements gathering, scoping, risk assessment, and expectation setting.
- Strong verbal and written skills including experience presenting to customers at all levels, writing proposals, final reports and technical documentation. 3+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise applications using a full life cycle development process.
- 3+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, JSM, and EJB, to include working with internet related architectures and web service applications.
- 3+ years of external consulting experience in software development for the junior level and 5+ years for the mid-level developer.
- 3+ years of experience in the development on Windows Server 2003/2008. Knowledge in Microsoft SQL and/or SQL and database design experience.
- Working knowledge of ColdFusion 9.0 3+ years of experience with XML, XSL and XML Schema design.
- Working knowledge of EAI toolsets and concepts, such as EBXML.
- Working knowledge of portal solutions (SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of EDMS solutions (SharePoint).
- Ability to produce commercial quality specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model, etc.