Senior Java\Hybris Developer Job
Sleep Number is building a dynamic Digital IT team that will lead the development and implementation of our innovative digital platform – Hybris. The Senior Java/Hybris Developer is responsible for the development of web applications with a focus on client-side web technologies and will be working with the other members of the development team to understand requirements and develop code to meet these requirements. The Developer position is a technical role and requires strong client-side development skills. Join us and be a part of our vision to become the world’s most beloved brand.
- Addressing the technical needs and requirements of an IT audience and the business requirements of the customer (marketing, financial, operational)
- Delivering to the strategy of the ecommerce business; including the planning, implementation and management of the business from launch through to the successful delivery of services
- Ensures software developed is held to company quality standards through code and design reviews
- Advanced understanding of the online media or ecommerce solutions as well as web design.
- Advanced Java Knowledge – large scale Java application design
- Ability to produce quality code in a timely manner
- Deliver software and implementing packages
- Participates in the software design, software development, and package implementation using the platform Hybris
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Ability to comprehend “big picture” when presented with abstract requirements.
- 3+ year’s experience developing web-based applications
- 2+ year’s experience in Hybris eCommerce platform preferred
- Advanced Java development experience
- Strong experience in Spring Framework
- Strong RDBMS experience, particularly MySQL, Oracle and/or SQL server preferred
- Highly web-literate; with a strong understanding of online retail trends.
- Preferably 5+ year’s experience in development experience in online/media/ecommerce software development
- Experience with business rules engines, workflow systems, product configurations or data warehousing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works independently with minimal oversight
- Working knowledge of Java, JSP or JSTL
- Experience with Coldfusion preferred
- Minimum Education: Computer Science or related degree