Solutions Engineer Jr Duties:
- Work with assigned administrative departments to understand needs/initiatives/goals and discuss and plan solutions.
- Responsible for the custom application development, reporting, and product integration of any new or existing solutions for the assigned departments.
- Provide normal business hours and occasional off hours application support for the applications/solutions he/she is responsible for.
Solutions Engineer Sr Duties:
- Everything above
- Plan strategically regarding solution strategy.
- Ensure a high level of adherence to technical, quality assurance, data integrity, and security standards.
- Explore new technologies and develop innovative uses of existing technology.
- Assist and mentor Jr Application Developer staff.
- Participate in collaborative groups both within Wharton and across the University.
Solutions Developer Junior Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline with at least 1 year relevant experience in web application and database design and development
- Experience with modern web design technologies and methodologies. Preferred technologies include Python/Django, ColdFusion, and Microsoft SQL Server (SQL & database design).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Positive outlook and ability to work well with other people.
- Able to work independently and in collaboration with other team members.
- Must be detail-oriented, show a high level of initiative, and exhibit strong problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Git) preferred
- Experience with WordPress and Salesforce a plus.
Solutions Developer Senior Qualifications:
- Everything above
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles required
- Recent demonstrated experience in needs assessment required
- Strong knowledge of database design and SQL required
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively within tight turnaround schedules required
- Experience with programming frameworks, advanced SQL, version control, automated testing required
- Experience with project management and client communications preferred