Think Brownstone is looking for a WordPress Specialist to work with our client in University City, Philadelphia. This is a six-month, 40 hour per week contract, with work to be performed primarily onsite.
This project involves considerable use of WordPress. The ideal candidate will have expertise creating custom WordPress themes, plug-in creation, custom content types and site management. A background in graphic design, marketing, and experience with ColdFusion is a plus.
- Interact with a small team of designers and developers on larger WordPress changes
- Understand and apply the client’s brand identity using a set of tools for creating and editing content and page layout.
- Work with existing staff to understand the production environment to make appropriate decisions when working independently.
- The job will fluctuate between page/copy layout, graphic design, and working in the code to make necessary customizations
Skills and Requirements
- 2-4 years of relatable professional work experience
- Must be able to work independently and make contributions in a team environment
- Strong desire to solve problems
- Graphic design, web design, or art degree preferred; strong self-taught designers also welcome
- Expert knowledge of the WordPress platform, as both an administrator and editor
- Knowledge of PhotoShop and related web design tools
- High standards, integrity, flexibility, positive attitude, and sense of humor
- Bonus skills: SEO experience, mobile web design/development experience, writing/editing experience, marketing