You will also be responsible for the following tasks:
- Designing and developing new software
- Maintaining existing software and resolves software problem reports
- Modifying existing software to add new features
- Perform individually and as part of a team
- Utilizing software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and in compliance with customer and industry lifecycle development
- Develop, execute and document software testing, including test cases
- Perform software requirement analysis, derivation and allocation
- Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, application security, and use of Commercial Off-the-shelf
- Provide input to hardware (COTS/GOTS/capacity/etc.) recommendations
- Prepare software documentation, including user guides
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Zero (0) to four (4) or more years of software development experience (based on experience level).
- Bachelors degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is required. OR A Masters degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience OR A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.
- Dependent upon experience level up to six (6) years of experience (for a total of ten (10) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)) certification highly desired
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, HTML, C, C++, .NET, ColdFusion or Adobe
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: SQL, Oracle, MySQL or JBDC
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Linux, Apache, TomCat, Ozone Widgets, Spring, Struts, JUnit or Hibernate
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with software configuration management and control tools (e.g., CVS, Eclipse, ClearCase, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., RSpec, Cucumber, etc.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.