Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Schedule: Monday-Friday
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Minimum Clearance: Top Secret
Strategic Operational Solutions, Inc. is an IT strategy and management company specializing in delivering strategic solutions that enhance business operations in the Federal sector across DoD, DHS, IC, and LEC. We partner with each client to provide customer-centric solutions that achieve current mission requirements and realize strategic vision. Successful outcomes require integration and coordination across a spectrum of disciplines.
Leveraging the talent and experience of our employees, STOPSO provides its services in the following concentration areas:
- Identity Management and Biometrics
- Information Technology Requirements and Development
- Information Assurance and Cybersecurity
- Security Studies and Analysis
Brief Overview of Position:
Strategic Operational Solutions (STOPSO) is seeking a Software Engineer. This position is responsible for managing an already-existing custom-built software application known as the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
Description of Duties:
- The code set is written in Ruby on Rails, is run on a Linux operating system, and utilizes a SQL Server database backend.
- Must be a solid mid-level software engineer capable of developing in a UNIX environment.
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), and the ability to maintain a SQL Server database to include tables, constraints, views, and stored procedures, with the goal of designing for optimal efficiency.
- An important existing feature of the CMDB is the ability to scan supported servers in the datacenter to extract configuration data and store in the database for reporting.
- Another important feature of the CMDB is the front-end web forms which allow data entry/manipulation by the Configuration Management Team.
- The candidate must possess the ability to take ownership of modules and schedule milestones in support of the CMDB project along with future plans to expand its capabilities. This is an opportunity to help NAVAIR develop the standard CM tool for the entire NAWCAD 7.2.4 Data Center.
- This individual must work in accordance with NAVAIR and DISA policy, and industry best practices.
- 2+ years of directly related experience in software engineering, web development, and systems administration.
- Mid-level experience with web programming. (Example: Ruby, ASP.NET. ColdFusion, Java Server Pages, etc.)
- Ability to author/edit SQL scripts. Experience programming with Ruby or possess the ability to become functional in Ruby syntax in a relatively short period of time.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- IAT Level II
- IA Certification: Security+ within 6 months of start.
- OS Certification: Windows MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, -OR- completion of an OS class within 6 months of start