The Sr. Web Developer will drive the direction of the company’s technology solutions, define and implement best practices and build lean, powerful and extensible functionality. This position offers significant responsibility and growth potential. You will work closely with key stakeholders and wear many hats.
- Assist in the design and development of object-oriented web applications based upon best practices.
- Ensure proper operation and intelligent enhancements of existing web-based products and services.
- Ensure development consistency and strive for continued development innovation.
- Maintain best practices to meet department goals and assist in adapting the department to future changes in technology.
- Help assess risk related to technology and resources, and assists in minimizing that risk.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Passionate about Creating Great Products and Innovative Features
- Driven and Realistic: Good estimator of time and effort
- Proactive about Self-Improvement and acquiring new knowledge and skills
- Motivated team player and ability to lead independent self-managed projects
- 5+ years developing complex ColdFusion applications
- Advanced knowledge of ColdBox, Mach II, or other OO Frameworks
- Understanding of ColdFusion Best Practices and Design Patterns
- Solid communication skills: Written and Verbal
- Demonstrated documentation and code-testing skills
- Strong understanding of complex SQL database-driven products
- Obsessive problem-solving and debugging skills
- Product Development Experience
- git and/or Subversion Experience
- Active in open source projects
- Understands scaling and performance