eCivis, the market leader in providing web-based solutions to local governments (software as a service) is seeking an advanced-level developer who lives to push ColdFusion and object-oriented web development to the edge. If you have experience in working with frameworks and combining new technologies with solid development practices, we want to talk to you. Join our growing team as part of the product management and software engineering departments building innovative web-based enterprise applications. This position directly interacts with all departments and significantly impacts our client base. Learn more about us at www.ecivis.com .
The Sr. Web Developer / Architect will drive the direction of the company’s technology solutions, define and implement best practices and build lean, powerful and extensible functionality. This position offers significant responsibility and growth potential. You will work closely with key stakeholders and wear many hats.
- Assist in the design and development of object-oriented web applications based upon best practices.
- Ensure proper operation and intelligent enhancements of existing web-based products and services.
- Ensure development consistency and strive for continued development innovation.
- Maintain best practices to meet department goals and assist in adapting the department to future changes in technology.
- Help assess risk related to technology and resources, and assists in minimizing that risk.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Passionate about Creating Great Products and Innovative Features
- Driven and Realistic: Good estimator of time and effort
- Proactive about Self-Improvement and acquiring new knowledge and skills
- Motivated team player and ability to lead independent self-managed projects
- 5+ years developing complex ColdFusion applications
- Advanced knowledge of ColdBox, Mach II, Model Glue or other OO Frameworks
- Understanding of ColdFusion Best Practices and Design Patterns
- Solid communication skills: Written and Verbal
- Demonstrated documentation and code-testing skills
- Strong understanding of complex SQL database-driven products
- Obsessive problem-solving and debugging skills
- Product Development Experience
- GIT and/or Subversion Experience
- Active in open source projects
- Understands scaling and performance