We are seeking a DevOps System Engineer. You will be joining a team of engineers and software developers focused on building scalable software for our customers in the US and other areas. This position will require hands-on knowledge of highly scalable web infrastructures and implementations, along-side server and application maintenance, debugging and implementations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install hardware and software, maintaining appropriate maintenance levels and tuning, performing system software upgrades including planning / scheduling, testing, and coordination, and maintaining integrity of the operating system environment.
- Problem-solving for interoperability of systems
- Respond to outages both during normal business hours and in an after-hours, on-call capacity
- Evaluate, recommend, install and configure hardware and software to meet customer requirements
- Provide project leadership and develop solutions to improve the environment and enhance service reliability
- Manage and scale AWS load balancers, SOPHOS and SonicWALL firewalls
- Manage and scale ColdFusion and JAVA on Linux/Apache/Tomcat application servers in clustered and fault-tolerant configurations
- Manage and scale RDS in a PaaS and highly redundant virtualized Microsoft SQL and MySQL servers and environments
- Help the engineering team diagnose and solve issues that involve hardware or OS level binaries
- Log management, continuously server monitoring, app and environment performance reporting and visibility
- Manage SVN, Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Bitbucket and Bamboo servers and configurations
- Manage virtual infrastructures in Amazon Web Services – EC2, RDS, S3, Workspaces, etc.
- Design networks and system solutions based on requests and needs with our engineering team/s
- Produce documentation for use in configuration, repair and troubleshooting of hardware, software and network operating systems
SUCCESS FACTORS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong understanding of Linux especially Ubuntu and CentOS
- Strong understanding and usage of web servers like Apache and Tomcat
- Strong understanding of Windows Server 2012 and above
- Strong understanding of load balancers and firewalls
- Strong understanding of Amazon EC2, S3 and Office 365
- Strong understanding of source control systems and network diagramming tools
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycles based on Agile development
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good problem solving and team player
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience supporting highly scalable software development operations with a
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science or related field; or an equivalent combination of professional experience and education is required.
- Experience with clustering and high-availability is required.
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL or MYSQL) with replication and high-availability is required.
- Experience with SOC and HIPAA compliance is highly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe ColdFusion is preferred.