This Developer with be responsible to deliverer and develop advanced web-based applications based on client/user needs. The Developer works in accordance with the company’s software development to support design and develop both new and enhancements to software applications that meet business specification.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing advanced web-based applications using ColdFusion/Railo (CF8 and above required).Minimum 5 years of experience and thorough understanding of Object Oriented Design concepts
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Server 2008 and above required), with a deep understanding of Database theory and strong Stored Procedure, Database Design and Analysis skills (Additional experience with MySQL a plus).
- College Degree with emphasis on Computer Science is preferred.
- Experience with Cold Fusion application Frameworks, specifically ColdBox, desired
- Experience in development of Web Services and a thorough understanding of XML and JSON
- Microsoft Integration Services desired
- Source Control tools such as SVN and GIT (GIT Preferred).
- A thorough understanding of cloud computing concepts using AWS.
- Must have experience working in NT, Unix/Linux environments.
- Developing applications for mobile platforms (IOS preferred) a plus.
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities required. Must work effectively with many internal areas of the organization. Must be very detailed oriented and methodical in approach.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develops advanced web-based applications based on client/user needs.
- Develops SQL based batch processes for data feeds that are in a variety of formats such as XML, tab, fixed width, and comma delimited formats.
- Tests all aspects of one’s code and the code of team members to ensure the system works accurately and meets the defined specifications.
- Modifies existing programs based on client/user needs.
- Documents applications/programs to ensure maintainability.
- Provides assistance in researching/solving production problems and troubleshooting nightly batch issues.
- Documents steps for resolving production issues.
- Provides off-hour support as required to implement code changes into production.
- Designs and builds databases.
- Builds SQL queries, stored procedures, and SQL triggers.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team environment.