Northrop Grumman Information Systems in Orlando, Florida is seeking an experienced software developer with a desire to perform as a Software Engineer supporting the Mobility Air Force Distributed Mission Operations (MAF DMO) program. This Software Engineer will perform engineering efforts leading to the successful development and evolution of collaborative websites for the program. These websites provide operational information to a large number of users for a worldwide distributed network supporting high fidelity simulation training.
Software Engineers for the MAF DMO program synthesize customer needs into software requirements and provide solutions that meet customer expectations as well as the technical, schedule and cost constraints. Responsibilities include 1)
following defined software development process to design, develop and test website applications and enhancements; 2) collaboration with program functional areas to refine requirements; and 3) documentation of processes, plans and user
guides. The candidate must be a team player, proficient in current agile software practices and applying new technologies, able to work comfortably and effectively with company team members as well as program sponsors and DoD
contractor senior personnel. The candidate may be required to travel in support of program initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- 1-3 year of web development experience
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance
- Understanding of defined agile software engineering processes and principles
- Demonstrated understanding of software development principles
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Experience with the development and administration of website databases
- Experience with Java, Coldfusion, PHP or other backend technologies