The Programmer Analyst (PA) codes, tests, and analyzes programs and applications including research, design, documentation, and modification of software specifications throughout the development and production life cycle. The PA is also responsible for analyzing and correcting programming errors.
The PA performs a variety of medium to high complexity tasks requiring technical knowledge in many areas of applications programming and sometimes prepares specifications and programs of a highly technical or complex nature.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug programs and small applications utilizing ISC approved technologies.
- Write detailed design documentation, unit test plans, and implementation plans.
- Understand the functionality of the application well enough to prepare and execute system, integration, and load/stress test strategies, test plans, and prepare any needed test data.
- Perform research and analysis of problems, get to root cause, develop and implement solutions.
- Provide support for “live” production applications including 24×7 pager support.
- May work with users to define system requirements and resolve problems.
- Evaluate user requests to determine feasibility, cost and time required, and impact.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- This position requires 5 or more years programming experience and at least 2-3 years experience with the specific technologies in use (primarily ColdFusion).
- Proven experience demonstrating technical development skills utilizing relational databases (Oracle 11g).
- Experience designing and developing web based e-commerce applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study, or equivalent experience.