Advertised Position: Title Sr. Web Developer
Division: Information Systems
Work Location: FL, Orlando
Exelis, Information Systems, currently has an opening for a Web Developer in Orlando, FL.
Position involves web development support for NAWCTSD Orlando, FL. Individual must be able to work independently and as a member of a project team.
Position will report directly to the Program Manager and tasks required by this position may include the following:
- Develop web site enhancements including web applications using ColdFusion and other web authoring applications software.
- Code, test, and debug web page/application enhancements and revisions for the internal and external web site along with integrating graphics and user interfaces.
- Assist network administrators in problem troubleshooting related to web servers, web services, and web applications.
- Minimum requirements include BS Degree Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related technical field and 10+ years of related software application/engineering experience.
Required background includes the following:
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience of applied web development experience and at least ten (10) years of experience supporting web users and web requirements.
- Must have hands on experience with web support in a Microsoft Windows Server environment as related to web servers.
- Must have in-depth understanding of setup and configuration of web and application servers in a virtual environment.
- Must have detailed Windows based hardware and software knowledge to include solving hardware conflicts, integrating peripheral equipment, and network problem solving.
- Must have hands on experience with configuring and integrating search engine software and applicances (i.e. Google Appliance)
- Must be able to coordinate and work with a variety of professional personnel associated with the assigned duties.
- Must be able to conduct necessary business with NAVAIR Orlando TSD’s product user activities and sponsors.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Requires ability to multitask and coordinate various milestones and events and communicate status and progress to Program Manager.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a US DOD security clearance, which requires a US citizen. An active Secret is required to start.
- At least four (4) years of experience in a DOD program directly supporting Training and/or Training Systems Acquisition.
Clearance Level Required: at Start Date Secret
Percent of Travel Required: 25%
Work Status: Full-Time