This position is located in Orchard Park, NY, a suburb of Buffalo, NY. A requirement for this position is to work at this location.
Summary: This is a staff position within the Application Development group of the Information Technology department responsible for the design, development, and unit testing of new features, feature enhancements, and bug fixes within ValueCentric’s suite of applications. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops application code to meet defined business requirements using established programming standards and best practices.
- Performs Unit Testing on developed modules.
- Provides application debugging support to the Product Management, Software Testing, Client Support, and Client Implementation groups to help diagnose and correct application anomalies.
- Works from specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works effectively on larger projects, coordinating efforts closely with other team members to achieve the project requirements and timelines.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures, operating standards, programming languages, software development tools (e.g. Integrated Development Environments) and techniques (e.g. Model-View-Controller models)
- Documents code and systems and participates in code walkthroughs.
- Performs other application development, diagnostic, and data related duties as may be assigned.
- Working knowledge of one or more contemporary programming languages and database management systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to think logically for interpreting and analyzing problems assigned or encountered.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and the ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects.
- Good time management skills.
- General knowledge of data processing system design methods, techniques and standards.
- Exposure to one or more System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Experience in both Agile (e.g. SCRUM) and traditional (e.g. Waterfall) SDLC methodologies.
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Experience in the health care and/or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience in logistics.
- Exposure to unit testing software (e.g. QUnit, PyUnit, etc.)
- Knowledge of “native app” development.
- B. S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience (i.e. at least four years’ experience as a professional programmer/developer)