A small custom software development company located outside Jacksonville, Florida is looking for an independent, creative, diligent, detail oriented CF developer – ideally with some design skills.
We need someone that can jump into this position, figure out what is going on, fix what needs to be fixed, make better what works, and then develop
future applications and enhancements.
You should be better than the average, with the skills and attitude to match. No micro-managing here. You get your tasks, you get them done. You should have Cold Fusion skills, and also be able to speak to other technologies.
If you have some design skills – all the better
We are a fun group of people, with a stable base of clients and custom applications across industries. The company is 10 years old and has a great reputation.
Salary plus benefits, perks, and the occasional Jaguars tickets may be available to the right person.
The Technical Lead/ CF Developer will be the development team and responsible for development, maintenance, and documentation of our web-based
applications and systems.
S/he will be responsible for:
- Maintenance, enhancement, and new development for the company’s internet based applications and company web site.
- Supporting current websites with design upgrades, functional enhancements, and content updates as required.
- Developing and implementing highly complex internet and intranet applications.
- Be involved in the entire and ongoing development lifecycle of projects including participation in discussions on design specifications, providing input on IT solutions, troubleshooting application issues, documenting detailed specifications, and ensuring the ongoing maintenance of all applications.
- Research and track new technologies and develop service applications.
Core Skills/Experience candidate MUST have:
- 3-5 years of programming experience working on ColdFusion applications with Macromedia/Adobe Cold Fusion 7,8 and/or 9.
- Knowledge and experience using ColdFusion components (CFCs).
- Familiarity with Fusebox or other MVCs.
- Experienced in maintenance and development of ColdFusion on Relational Databases, i.e. coding, analysis, debugging, and documentation
- In depth knowledge of in all aspects of maintenance and development of application development, development, and implementation.
- Take pride in your work, attention to detail and high work ethic is essential. Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Fast learner, ability to jump into the code and figure out what isn’t working, think creatively.
- Desire to get things stable, then have fun with new projects.
IDEALLY, candidate will have:
- Extensive experience working in a Windows 2000/2003 Server environment.
- Experience in SQL integration with web based content via ColdFusion
- Working knowledge and experience using HTML, CSS and Adobe development tools.
- Solid team player must be self-motivated and punctual.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; self-starter; independent thinker; able to take initiative on technical projects; able to work within a team as well as independently; and flexible and able to adapt to change.