Are you an innovative and smart technical lead that wants to be part of an exciting web development team? Are you interested in working in an agile environment and leading large scale web project servicing millions of users? Do you have a passion for e-Commerce? Our web development team is passionate about technology, innovation, creativity, and problem solving. We are looking for a star technical lead to join our Web Development team.
- Provide guidance, offer suggestions, insights and best practice approaches to development and implantation components.
- Development and release of web application/content to support Hayneedle’s websites.
- Participate in full cycle software development, including: requirements gathering, design, implementation, debugging, testing, and supporting deployment.
- Architectural design and technical requirements specification for new and existing applications to create high availability web applications.
- Resolve business critical bugs.
- Create technical design documents.
- Consults with various departments to confirm agreement on principles of new applications or changes to existing applications.
- Build functional and technical requirements.
- Provide application support during user testing sessions.
- Incorporate technology standards, methodologies, and best practices.
- Provide off-hour support of key applications on a rotating basis.
What basic qualifications does our Senior Web Developer need to have?
- BA/BS in computer science or related technical field preferred.
- Proven experience in leading a development team or project with ability to mentor other developers and lead by example.
- Solid experience with web design patterns, performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- 5+ years of hands on development and implementation experience required. Experience in web/e-commerce using ColdFusion and Angular or a great appetite to learn a new language preferred.
- Strong understanding of the importance of building a scalable web application, troubleshooting, and application performance.
- Must understand multi-tier systems architecture and object-oriented design.
- Proficient with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design, implementation, debugging, and testing.
- Proficient in web application design patterns.
- Proven record of developing mission-critical, high quality web applications.
- History of researching and resolving complex bugs.
- Must have strong analytical skills, be a self-starter, detail-oriented, and deadline driven.
- Possess exceptional problem solving skills.
- A team player who is energetic with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively across all departments.