Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of applications development project team.
- Manages a project team which is responsible for all phases of the system development and implementation process including analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server), software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.
- Consults with clients in the analysis of short and long range business requirements and recommends innovations which anticipate the
future impact of changing business requirements.
- Coordinates activities with other data processing unit heads (e.g., data base, telecommunications, operations, technical support, etc.).
- Organizes, analyses, and controls the activities of the project team.
- Assigns personnel to the various projects and directs their activities.
- Reviews and evaluates the work of the staff and prepares periodic performance reports.
- Prepares activity and progress reports for the team.
- Administer and maintain IIS/ColdFusion web application servers
- Administer Oracle and MySQL database servers; create database schemas and objects; replicate and back up data
- Administer and maintain secure FTP server
- Schedule and monitor daily jobs and processes (web, database, sFTP, Windows)
- Manage web and database deployments
- Administer database, website, and PeopleSoft security
- Eight (8) years’ experience in systems analysis and application program development.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a direct supervisory and management position.
- Five (5) years’ experience with system development life cycles and system and application program development technology alternatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field OR four (4) years’ experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Excellent analytical ability and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with clients and other IT staff.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master’s degree.
- At least 3 years of experience as database administrator (Oracle and/or MySQL preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience administering Windows and IIS
- At least 3 years of experience administering ColdFusion application server