- The developer role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and web-based applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- The developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, provide weekly status reports, and suggest code improvement, where applicable.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Perform application development work on a ColdFusion and Ajax-based application: introducing new functionality, extending existing functionality, and maintaining the existing codebase.
- Collaboratively work with customers to conceptualize and develop new features and functionality.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and code specifications for projects.
- Conduct research on merging software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts
- Thorough knowledge and experience ofColdFusion application development; experience in maintaining applications written by others is highly valued.
- Expertise in Back-End Development (ColdFusion, Web Services, SQL)
- Experience with ColdBox or similar development frameworks.
- Extensive experience with designing and implementing consistent UX.
- Experience working within an agile development process, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- SourceCode control management using GIT or SVN.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Stash) a plus.
- A proactive approach to responding to problems is highly valued.
- Good communication skills are essential, and technical writing skills are valued.
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to analyze problems, identify their causes, and explain these to others.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in the field of computer science or software engineering
- 8+ years equivalent work experience
- Insurance industry experience a plus