Our client, in Metro Detroit, MI is seeking a ColdFusion Developer to join their team. This is a long term contract / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire opportunities.
Role: ColdFusion / Oracle Developer
Under general direction, participates as a high level technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Works
with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming
- Design and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Interface with customer to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Provide project timeline estimates.
- Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support both client and department programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
- Process movement of jobs to production for both Internet and client/server applications and implementation of production scheduler.
- Take ownership of assigned development projects.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments while remaining part of a larger team with proven ability to multi-task.
Experience / Skill:
- Proficient in Web Site Design, solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- 8 to 10 years current Cold Fusion (MX 6.0) experience.
- 5 years current Oracle/PL/SQL (Oracle 11g) development experience.
- Solid experience with Oracle Object Design and implementation (Oracle Packages, Procedures, Triggers).
- Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler.
- Strong business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions.
- Strong systems analysis experience.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.