Purpose of the Position
Thorlabs, Inc. is a broad based photonics technologies company. Founded in 1989, Thorlabs’ product offerings now exceed 12,000 items. An international company with approximately 670 employees, Thorlabs has manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, and China. Its product portfolio covers an extensive array of products ranging from simple optical and mechanical components to integrated test and measurement systems. As photonic devices push into new markets, Thorlabs’ plan is to enter early with support equipment and services that are required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop, enhance, maintain, and support web applications.
- Participate in testing & debugging changes.
- Manage projects by following project management standards.
- Research technical issues and provide recommendations.
- Participate in business requirements analysis, software evaluation and selection, and application integration.
- Suggest ideas for improving efficiency.
- Provide application related training.
- Actively participate in workgroups.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and assignments as required.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical Activities: No physical demands required to perform duties.
Experience: 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience in a high-paced, enterprise environment.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Business and/or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience with MS SQL Server 2005 and Oracle relational databases. (writing complex SQL In-line or in stored procedures)
- Ability to function in a project lead role a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to re-engineer existing applications.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.