SALARY RANGE: $44,500 – $66,700 (SA 1)
The Web Developer/ Technical Editor will generate, edit, review, and process procedure and process control documents (travelers) for use on-line in support of prototype and Production SRF Cavity and Cryomodules within JLAB’s SRF Institute along with other Accelerator Division departments.
This documentation is an integral component of the QA program for the high-profile LCLS-II production effort to which the lab is committed. Integration of this documentation is managed through custom JLAB Software using an on-line database called Pansophy to capture and archive production data and provide for process control. The incumbent, with skill as a web developer and technical writer/editor, will support the SRF Institute’s efforts by creating, editing, processing, managing and integrating both web-based and non-web project documentation and applications.
Under the technical direction of the SRF Computer Scientist
- Develop components of a web-based Traveler verification system to be utilized by Pansophy system users.
- Develop components to automate Traveler conversion and database table creation.
- Develop components that will facilitate rapid composition and revision of technical procedures, travelers, and other online documentation for the Institute.
As Technical Editor
- Edit and Ensure that all completed travelers and procedures meet the interface standards of the Pansophy system including adherence to documentation revision control and other SRF defined QA standards.
- Convert travelers and other documents as needed from native format into web-based format along with database table generation through a pre-defined semi-automated Traveler conversion scripting system.
- Assist in the creation, editing and version control of Pansophy/Traveler system documentation, including on-line help system, to maximize clarity and effectiveness.
- Interact with Institute staff at all levels to ensure that all documentation adheres to defined SRF quality standards.
- Ensure that all documentation is integrated with the lab’s document management system (DocuShare).
- Assist with QA and Project reporting requirements.
Bachelor’s plus two years’ experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Ideal areas of education include Computer Science, IT, English, Journalism, etc.. Relevant experience includes work with web development, electronic publishing, document generation/management.
- Experienced with composing, editing, and processing technical documentation. Must be an expert with word processing or page composition software.
- Experienced with import and manipulation of graphics files.
- Experienced with html composition and editing tools (e.g., Dreamweaver, ColdFusion, Eclipse), and creation of Web pages.
- Experienced with maintaining files and directories in Windows and UNIX operating system environments.
- Experienced with shell scripting and editing in the Windows and UNIX environment.
- Experienced with document storage and retrieval systems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact efficiently and professionally with technical staff.
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.