We are looking for a self-starting, creative and team oriented Internet Application Developer to join our Technology team in New York City! You will help develop and build web-based systems for our three eCommerce companies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
Developer will be working with an in-house Development team to build and maintain custom web-based systems and applications. Developer will be working in a team environment but must possess the drive to take ownership of tasks, always analyzing their own work. Further duties include system architecture design and planning, database development and optimization, self-evaluating work performed for accuracy and practicality, troubleshooting new and existing system issues, upgrading existing Web-based systems. Candidate is expected to learn and stay current with new and emerging development technologies and practices.
As part of the in-house Development team, developer will work closely with other team members in an open, friendly and collaborative environment. Developer will be responsible for reporting to the department manager to receive new assignments and review current assignments. We operate with a modified SCRUM-based methodology, so familiarity with that process would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & TRAITS:
- 2-4 years of professional web development experience.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of web usability & performance.
- An understanding of cross-browser, cross-platform development issues.
- Understanding of best web development practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze work product from not only a programming standpoint, but also from end-user perspectives.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS:
- Familiarity with content-management systems.
- Familiarity with using APIs to connect to data sources.
- Familiarity with developing Web sites/systems for mobile devices.
- Candidates must be able to provide examples of Web sites or systems they have previously created.
WHAT ARE YOU GETTING YOURSELF INTO?
- Great coffee
- An energetic team that likes to laugh and have fun
- A casual work environment that values honesty and innovation over a dress code
- Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance