The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of a Web Administrator. The Web Administrator is responsible for overseeing the development and continuing maintenance of the court’s internal and external websites in a manner that is consistent with the court’s vision, mission, and end-user needs. The incumbent is a project manager and ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, and to the satisfaction of stakeholders. The incumbent also provides technical recommendations to court management. This position reports directly to the IT Systems Manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related field;
- Knowledge of Web development and HTML;
- Demonstrated ability to combine the creative use of technology, web design elements, and layout that results in an appealing website that provides quick access to information sought by the user;
- Solid understanding of cross-browser issues and workarounds;
- Knowledge of MS Windows servers, IIS, and Active Directory;
- Knowledge of ColdFusion;
- Knowledge of Drupal and ability to integrate Drupal modules;
- Experience developing custom themes for Drupal and with Drupal multi-site environments;
- Commitment to performing functional and security testing of websites and applications prior to roll out;
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL and ability to write SQL queries;
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and writing) to individuals and groups to provide accurate and thorough information, translating technical terms into non-technical language;
- Commitment to performing functional and security testing of applications prior to roll out;
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.