A global customer-focused organization is in need of a Coldfusion Developer to perform technical implementation for an internal application system that is used to collect, input, translate, and report on Food Service Health Department inspections. These inspections provide valuable insights to some of the company’s largest customers so they can take action on ensuring Food safety for their customers. The primary short term objective of the Coldfusion Developer role is to ensure high service availability, stability, security and productivity of the back office applications/tools (inspection acquisition, data entry, translation, & data transfer). The long term objective of the Coldfusion Developer position is to actively participate in the design, build, and deployment of the next generation of this application. This is a Cold Fusion application built on enterprise MSSQL databases.
Address day-to-day applications and data transfer issues ensuring system remains functional and in good working order and speed/coverage are maximized.
Develop, clarify, and manage the scope of enhancement and upgrade projects; manage expectations; define deliverables; and achieve targeted outcomes.
Code system fixes, enhancements, features and upgrades.
Architect both front-end and back-end application components related to data storage, capture and presentation.
Execute project work plans coding system fixes, enhancements, features and upgrades. Revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
Minimize exposure and risk on projects.
Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends, competitors and practices relevant to the sector businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in technical area
- 4+ years experience in full lifecycle SDLC application development
- 2+ years experience with ColdFusion
- 4+ years of experience working through the needs analysis, requirements gathering, and design of applications focused on an efficient and intuitive user experience.
- 4+ years programming and maintaining enterprise-level applications written in a dynamic web development language
- 4+ years experience with relational database design, SQL development and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server
- 4+ years of experience writing advanced and efficient SQL queries, views, and stored procedures against large tables
- High level of English proficiency
- 4+ years of experience with ColdFusion
- 2+ years experience and/or proficiency using HTTP GET and POST operations
- Highly analytical and process oriented.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- ETL experience utilizing Informatica, SSIS, or similar application
- Experience defining and transforming large XML documents
- A self-starter, displaying an interest and ability to acquire new skills and work with different technologies
– See more at: http://www.infinity-cs.com/job/coldfusion-developer-8359621-illinois/?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed#sthash.O3mZvdOR.dpuf