Our Global Non-Profit client has an immediate 6+ month contract-to-hire requirement for a Senior ColdFusion PHP Developer and Mentor. We’re looking for a smart, passionate Web application developer who wants to make a difference in a collaborative, fun environment. You will participate in small, self-organized development teams utilizing iterative, Agile development methodologies. You will be responsible for the successful completion of projects of all sizes and scope.
They are currently using ColdFusion for their main website. They need a strong leader for the current group (2 other CF developers); someone who really knows CF and can help guide things. This role is definitely a hands-on coding role. The current plan is to move off of ColdFusion to a Content Management System. The CMS system has yet to be picked, but it is expected to be PHP-based. This is why strong PHP skills are also needed. This lead will help guide the team over to the new CMS system and then help port major ColdFusion applications into PHP or into CMS based plugins.
- Technical lead for the ColdFusion web team.
- Responsible for leading code reviews and understanding the application architecture.
- Support and maintain the existing product functionality through major and point releases.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years ColdFusion experience, including version 9 or greater.
- Knowledge of PHP.
- Demonstrated UX experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team.
- Thorough understanding of the web development process and Internet technologies.
- Strong written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with a Content Management System (CMS).
- Experience using Subversion.
- Experience with Agile and Test Driven Development processes.
You’ll work in a solid enterprise development team. They’re doing some exciting things here, and really moving forward well with their Agile methodology deployment. Very nice, comfortable work environment.
- Pay Rate: $50.00 – $53 per hour
- Tax Term: CON_W2
Phone: (919) 653-1605