ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for bright and talented professionals from varied computer backgrounds to expand our team that is building the next generation products for the SuccessFactors suite. As part of the team, your responsibilities will include designing, developing, testing, and documenting software, tools, and applications for the SuccessFactors emerging product pipe. The Lead Engineer will also have responsibilities for providing technical support and mentoring of junior engineers.
- Design, develop and maintain software applications using state-of-the-art tools and technologies.
- Professionally communicate and work with Product Management, Client Services and QA teams to develop and maintain products, tools and enhancements.
- Write quality, testable, maintainable and well documented code and unit tests.
- Provide technical guidance to the team provided by the Architecture group and participate in design and code reviews.
- Participate and lead a dynamic Agile team, including frequent team feedback and collaboration.
- Support the total development effort and participate in multiple projects. Deliver quality projects on schedule.
- Consistently solve complex problems.
- Takes on innovation projects independently and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- 8+ years of experience in software development, engineering, or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (any type) or a related field.
- Excellent hands-on design, implementation and communication skills.
- Experience with Java required (currently using Java 7). Desired areas of expertise include
- Java EE 6
- Apache Solr/Lucene
- GlassFish 3+
- EJB 3
- Experience in creation and maintenance of enterprise-grade application architecture, including SOA and messaging systems is required
- Experience in SQL language and database technologies required.
- Application of OO principles and use of best practices in web development required, with a strong background in application architecture.
- Competent in use of HTML, XML, CSS, and AJAX technologies.
- ColdFusion MX experience is a plus, with experience using application frameworks and ColdFusion components.
- Exposure to Adobe Flex 3 applications also a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment is desired.
- Proficient in use of source control, defect management, and release management tools.
- Consistently demonstrates strong team and individual performance.
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Builds positive and effective relationships with individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Staffing/HR industry knowledge a plus.