San Services, USA, an IT consultant firm for Unique Vacations, LTD, the worldwide representative for Sandals & Beaches Resorts, is seeking a full time ColdFusion Developer. The position will be based in our south Florida locale. We offer excellent benefits and salary is commensurate with experience.
Sandals & Beaches Resorts are located on 7 idyllic island destinations spanning the Caribbean * Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Bahamas, Grenada, Barbados, Turks & Caicos, and Antigua. Each resort offers the new standard of exotic luxury and unmatched beauty and delivers far more than any other five-star resort on the planet because at Sandals and Beaches, everything you could possibly imagine is included and then some * idyllic settings, pristine white-sand beaches, thrilling watersports, land sports so there*s always something fun to do, more bars and entertainment, pampering at the Red Lane Spa, plus Discovery Dining at a vast array of gourmet restaurant options from around the world.
Position: ColdFusion Developer
Responsible for developing and maintaining all ColdFusion Web Applications.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Adhere to the coding & development guidelines imposed by Department Head
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Software development life-cycle
- Object Oriented Programming and common design patterns
- ColdFusion 8 – 10
- Test-driven development
- Code refactoring techniques
- Use of MVC (Model View Controller) frameworks and concepts. Currently using FW1 and DI1
- Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Dependency Injection (DI)
- Linux, Mac, and some Windows OS knowledge
- SQL – preferably Oracle and MySQL engines
- Basic CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Basic shell scripting
- Ability and knowledge to maintain and develop all web applications developed in ColdFusion.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills for communicating with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well with little to no supervision.
- Ability to work within a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task and shift direction quickly.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams in a corporate environment.
- Ability to travel internationally as well as domestic, and maintain proper and up-to-date documentation.
- To effectively communicate with a variety of people including members of management, senior management, product management, support and development teams are required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in ColdFusion.
- We only accept resumes for open positions. Positions are considered open until filled.
We offer our full-time employees an excellent benefit package that currently includes, but not limited to:
- Health, Dental. LTD & Life Insurance
- A generous 401K package
- Direct Deposit
- Sick days
- Vacation days
- Six paid Legal Holidays
- After one year of continuous employment you may visit one of the Resorts we represent at the service charge rate
- Corporate Rates with AAA Auto Club, Costco, BJs Wholesale, 1-800-Flowers, Greg Norman Apparel to name a few
- Casual Business Environment
- Complimentary Coffee & tea provided throughout the day
- And much, much more
We hope this information is helpful to you in making the right decision when choosing San Services, USA to be your next employer! Best wishes in furthering your career!