Job Summary: Full Stack Engineer
- Conducts technical implementation and support of FIU’s College of Business web presence, including application development, maintenance and improvements. Works with stakeholders to perform content updates and implementation of new features.
- Assists with the photography, videotaping, audio recording and post production of college events and marketing pieces.
- Troubleshoots technical and nontechnical issues related to existing web applications
- Develops and implements new features for the Android and iOS FIU College of Business mobile applications using Apache Cordova, Xcode, Android Studio or similar tools
- Assists with the maintenance of the College of Business news site
- Manages the development and design of various web-based and digital content pieces such as websites, digital advertising pieces and videos
- Develops emails and other marketing communications including electronic newsletters. Responsibilities include developing these in the proper programming language and scheduling them to go out via MailChimp or other as may be implemented
- Adheres to upcoming and ever changing web trends, best practices and compliance including valid XHTML/CSS, 508 and ADA compliance, search engine optimization, user interface/information design
- Implements and configures Google Analytics. Produces and summarizes Google Analytics reports regarding marketing campaigns and the college¿s web sites
- Carries out the development of new concepts, technologies and enhancements for website features or functions, which will enhance the user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with three (3) years as Web Developer, Full Stack Engineer, or related position.
- Requires a level of proficiency in web development technologies including back end languages and frameworks, content-management systems, front-end scripting and libraries, and code management and deployment.
- Must have 3+ years in a comparable role or involved with web development, CRMs and other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of HTML 5, XHTML, CSS 3, Mobile / Responsive Web Design
- Capable of converting Photoshop mock-ups into CSS/XHTML templates
- Experience with WordPress and Cascade CMS and search engine optimization and latest trends in organic and paid SEO is a plus
- Strong background in usability, information architecture, and willingness to keep up with the latest in Internet technologies and electronic communications
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, effectively manage priorities and communicate progress
Advertised Salary: Starting at $40,000 and commensurate with experience.