The candidate would be working with several admin and support technologists to maintain and develop custom, web-based systems and applications for internal and public use. Candidates must possess the drive to take ownership of tasks, self-analyzing work from a personal and end user standpoint. Further duties include system architecture design and planning, database development and optimization, upgrading existing systems and troubleshooting system issues. Candidate is expected to learn and stay current with new and emerging web technologies and practices.
Candidate will be in direct contact with Department clients and must possess excellent communication and social skills to communicating effectively in a friendly, relationship-building manner.
The candidate would have a strong influence in the direction of application development and in the future of hybrid cloud application hosting infrastructure roll-out.
Web Site Portfolio
Candidates must be able to provide examples of Web sites or systems they have previously created.
Mobile App Portfolio
Candidates may provide examples of mobile apps they have previously created or maintain.
****Candidate for this position must be able to pass the Florida Criminal Information Center (FCIC) and National Criminal Information Center (NCIC) background check to gain access to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) databases.
- 2-4+ years of web development experience that includes the development of custom web systems and/or highly functional web sites.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Web usability.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of Web security and programming to prevent malicious attacks.
- An understanding of cross-browser, cross-platform development issues.
- Understanding of web development best practices.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze work product from not only a programming standpoint, but also from end-user and client perspectives.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to stay within allocated budgets..