Position: Senior Applications Developer
Clearance Requirement: US Citizenship Required and Active (or ability to obtain) security clearance with background investigation and/or polygraph
Description: Cymertek is seeking a Senior Applications Developer to be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting a custom coded hosting platform for Web Based Training (WBT) products. The platform shall have hosting, access control, metrics and web service integration with the enterprise training system. The Developer will have access to the legacy Coldfusion application, but this project will result in a new Application with new, but similar, functionality. Though data (course completion records, WBT usage metrics) migration will be expected, this should not be approached as a platform migration – the new application should improve on quality, performance and capabilities. The Developer position is expected to lead all development work, but will be part of a new internal team that includes surge development support (not to exceed 20% of all development work to be completed), project requirement and management support, and work in conjunction with existing WBT developers to ensure application capability with existing and future WBT products. This position will require infrequent interaction with external stakeholders. Though some existing legacy code exists, this is expected to be a completely new solution with no existing code. This is expected to be a modern web application.
- A recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others.
- Minimum of eleven (11) years of experience specific to the skill and relevant training or certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related information technology discipline considered in lieu of experience.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience designing, developing, deploying, and providing support for data-driven custom applications that utilize SQL (such as Microsoft or MySQL) or Oracle databases as the back end infrastructure.
- Developing web applications that have interactive, modern, dynamic user interfaces using HTML5 and CSS or equivalent methodologies.
- Experience with one or more successful projects that included data migration between two unrelated technologies or platforms.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience creating and maintaining application security and user access solutions for Enterprise web-based applications using LDAP Group Permissions and other accepted industry best practices.
- Three (3) years demonstrated experience developing and supporting applications in the Sponsor’s environment.
- Developing or transitioning ColdFusion applications.
- Experience with the Sponsor’s application approval process.
- Experience with the Sponsor’s Cloud migration process.
- One (1) year demonstrated experience with D.3 or similar data visualization libraries for metric dashboard creation OR one (1) year demonstrated experience with Cognos Reporting Solution.
- Designing, developing, deploying, and providing O&M Support for custom designed applications intended for Learning Management or Content Management.
- Minimum 1 year demonstrated experience designing applications that are intended to utilize and take advantage of Cloud based infrastructure as a hosting platform (for example, Amazon Web Service or Microsoft Azure).
- Excellent Salaries
- Flextime / Flexible Work Schedule
- 10% – 401k Matching or Bonus (vested immediately)
- 30 days paid leave / holiday (no use or lose)
- Medical / Dental / Vision – 100% employee coverage. No cost for you ($1200 allowance – or a bonus)
- Long Term / Short Term Disability – 100% employee coverage. No cost to you.
- Life Insurance – 100% employee coverage. No cost to you.
- Paid Training
- No long, wordy reviews with tons of paperwork!!!
- Referral bonus program