Project Performance Company, LLC (PPC) is recruiting a Junior ColdFusion Developer in Falls Church, VA. As the ColdFusion Developer, you will be responsible for working within a development team of ColdFusion developers supporting a portfolio of applications for the U.S. Government. This position regularly interfaces with management, support of full software lifecycle activities and requires communication skills to translate business and technical requirements to support ongoing development, modernization, and enhancements of applications within the client’s enterprise.
Location: Falls Church, VA
We are looking for someone who has a strong initiative, is eager to learn and to teach, and is able to work both independently and as a team member. Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff; and must be able to interact in a service-oriented environment.
- End to end SDLC support for web-based software development projects using ColdFusion and SQL technologies.
- Hands on design and development using ColdFusion technologies.
- Functional and technical requirements analysis.
- Technical architecture, design, and development support as needed by the team.
- Communication and coordination of project and team activities.
- Participate in regular customer meetings to report status, progress, and risks/issues as applicable.
- Participation in the planning and preparation of documentation (design, deployment, and other SDLC docs).
- Support of Configuration Management processes as they relate to tracking and management of application source code.
- Bachelor’s Degree – a degree in a computer science, engineering, mathematics, or science preferred
- 1 years of ColdFusion development experience
- Relevant technical certifications
- Experience supporting an environment with significant product and software development
- Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve software systems issues.
- Experience with the oversight and development of web-based applications using ColdFusion and SQLServer technologies.
- Ability to collect, coordinate and communicate business and technical requirements between management and technical staff.
- Ability to provide prioritization and tasking of technical requirements to software development personnel.
- Experience with all SDLC phases including planning and estimation, requirements analysis, design analysis, development, testing, and deployment.
- Working knowledge of 508 compliance standards as they apply to web based applications.
- Working knowledge of iterative and/or agile SDLC processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Team work
- Experience with UML and other functional and technical modeling techniques.
- Knowledge of ITIL, PMI, and CMMI processes and methodologies.
- Experience with the CM and software tools.
- U.S. Citizenship Required