Provide Tier II support for multiple production applications and deliver effective technical customer support to the client’s rapidly growing customer base, delivering solutions to technical and non-technical end users and supporting a wide range of technologies. Maintain responsibility for effectively escalating to 3-tier in-house and 3rd party support teams. Provide advanced technical expertise in monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintenance of distributed applications and middleware. Work closely with business and IT associates to plan, deploy, document, and maintain the distributed application and middleware environments’ additions and changes. Manage technical issues and work with development and installation groups to resolve more advanced issues, when necessary. Support applications deployed on platforms, including Oracle application servers, Java applications deployed on Glass-Fish and JBoss, and Coldfusion apps on UNIX and Windows. Manage SAAS applications, when necessary.
- Experience with Cloud-based application integration with internal apps, including in an academic setting
- Experience with UNIX and with current Intel, Windows, and Unix-based server systems, including in an academic setting
- Knowledge of programming in Java, Python, and UNIX
- Knowledge of general network topology, load balancing and firewall technologies, and RDBMS
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with others and interface with all departments
- Ability to multi-task and reassess priorities on a continual basis in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- BA or BS degree in an CS or Engineering field; MA or MS degree in CS a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.