A key member of our small, friendly IT department, this position is responsible for the maintenance and development of a variety of mostly web-based, internal applications.
Marlboro College is a residential school located in the green hills of southern Vermont with a focus on academic rigor and community involvement. Our tiny IT department is nestled within the academic and administrative realms of the institution and is expected to engage with all levels of the community. IT works closely with every constituent group on campus, from admissions to accounting, student government to the library, faculty projects to classroom technology.
The ideal candidate will enjoy: chatting with faculty about technology in their teaching, drafting design specs and developing tools for the accounting office, and assisting the registrar in analyzing student data for reporting. The position potentially has a great deal of autonomy and responsibility and candidates should be comfortable setting deadlines and meeting them.
We are looking for someone excited to create and maintain web-based applications and server-side scripts, someone who enjoys a relaxed work environment but also jumps at the chance to help others be more efficient. Experience with the following preferred:
- writing form and report based applications in ColdFusion or PHP, including maintaining legacy code
- configuring, maintaining and using relational databases including MSSQL or MySQL
- configuring and maintaining IIS, Apache or equivalent web servers
- coding production applications including back and front-end
- working in a linux environment
- porting code