The Senior Interactive Designer is responsible for the implementation of the graphic and informational vision of Cadient and client applications. Responsibilities include creating web pages, marketing and promotional materials, office materials and other items which make up the company and clients’ brand and identity.
- Lead and implement graphic and informational vision of Cadient and client applications
- Primarily designing for the web and interactive applications, planning functional interfaces and consistently creating clear and meaningful communications
- Create web pages, marketing and promotional materials, office materials and other items which make up the company and clients’ brand and identity
- Create and manipulate graphics to optimize the palette, size and speed of the resulting web site
- Develop designs which consistently capture and project functionality and brand identity
- Determines the overall creative approach and concept direction toward the design of web screens for sites and applications
- Assist with creative efforts on project teams and assists Art Director with the planning and implementing strategies to present information
- Demonstrates functional expertise on navigation issues and organization of content
- Remains current on creative trends in our industry as well as the latest techniques/technologies that help drive cutting-edge creative
- Works with IA/UX, Application Development & designers to manage deliverables and creative schedule
- Assists Art Director in leading the design of web sites and applications which consistently capture and project functionality and branding and are called on to provide hands-on support for design of same project work
- Assists in presentation of project-specific creative at all contracted agency efforts and helps to represent our agency’s creative approach in presales presentations
- Mentors and guides Media Designers/Media Production Designers toward their overall creative product quality
- Along with the Art Director, works with Strategic Engagement Directors and other Account team members to assure the creative product meets strategic goals and client expectations
- Team leads for small or module leads for large teams.
- Responsible for delivery of assigned module/ components /phases of a project.
- Responsible for people Management, including goal setting and providing performance feedback
- Responsible for Status reporting
- Responsible for guiding the development team.
- Responsible for estimation, planning and execution • with specific focus on requirement analysis and design
- Responsible for Knowledge transfer and arriving at SLAs for steady state
- Technical problem solving skills
Job Requirement and Skills
- Has a good practical understanding of technology and its application.
- Good grasp of technology and tools used for development
- Good design skills and architectural skills in the technical area
- Fair understanding of project management skills
- Fair amount of domain expertise gained through working on the application or certification programs (if working in a vertical)
- Good understanding of the sphere of activities in a horizontal domain
- Anticipates and resolves potential problems , handles escalations.
- Works under general supervision with few direct instructions.
- Carries out routine and semi-routine tasks.
- Provides input to project-related decisions.
- Within own team or department at operational level.
- Contact with user/customer at peer / first /middle management level.
- Web production/design tools
- High-end knowledge, skills and abilities with design applications, including Adobe Photoshop, Image Ready, Illustrator, Flash and Dreamweaver
- Rich Media Application Design & Development/Rich Internet Application
- Working knowledge of Flash design/development – Including AS 2.0
- Proficient in HTML/XHTML
- Understand browser and plug-in capabilities
- Basic knowledge of Flex & AS 3.0 a plus
- Knowledge of Coldfusion and Flash Media Server a plus
- Mobile device media application design and development a plus
- Fluent with Mac OS X required
- Experience in streaming media deployment a plus
- Thorough knowledge of internet application development and audio/video production using relevant technologies and methodologies
- Attention to detail when bringing creative concepts to life
- Able to mentor and guide designers toward executing interactive projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact with diverse audiences required
- Motivated team player with excellent follow through
- Experience in defining goals and executing projects in required timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines
- High level of accomplishment in conceptualizing, composition, typography, drawing, photography and other means of image-creation, not merely image-manipulation
MINIMUM Education and Experience:
- BFA/BS/BA Graphic Design, Marketing, or closely related field
- 5 years experience in interactive or graphic design
- Must be experienced with a wide range of design applications, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Experience with web and multimedia applications such as Dreamweaver and web production tools a must
- Experience creating HTML/CSS web experiences and prototypes a must
- Experience with print design preferable