The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
USC’s Dana and David Dornsife School of Letters, Arts and Sciences, the Dornsife Technology Services is seeking a Programmer Analyst I (Application Developer) to join its team.
Job responsibilities, skills and experience must-haves:
- Responsibilities include developing new web applications and support existing applications written in ColdFusion and PHP under the supervision of the MIS Manager of the Dornsife Technology Services Application Team.
- Application Developer will build and manage a range of applications and create and design SQL Server Database, write Stored Procedures; develop and code online applications.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in creating look, layout and feature of website as well as programming for client/server applications in Red Hat Linux/Apache/MS SQL Server/ColdFusion/PHP Environment.
- Must have experience designing, developing, deploying and supporting PHP/Coldfusion applications.
- Experience in database creation/administration with ability to scripts complex queries, detailed knowledge of database structure and models is required.
- Working experience with MS SQL and writing Stored Procedures.
- Detailed knowledge and work experience with using Adobe Dreamweaver, and related web development tools. Hands-on knowledge of CSS, AJAX, jQuery and JSON is required.
- Working experience with responsive design is plus.
- Additionally, working knowledge of rapid application development techniques, object oriented models and also have an ability to analyze complex technical and administrative information, to identify relevant concerns, to recognize alternative, to formulate logical and objective conclusions, and to communicate these with supervisor.
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot and manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines. Expected to be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently as well as with a team environment.
- Will need to write detailed specifications, develop code testing/debugging of code and provide support. In addition, the developer will be required to document designs, procedures, manuals and other documents as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.