MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
As an Analyst Programmer, you will be an integral part of the IT team charged with, developing and implementing creative solutions that support business operations, projects and strategic initiatives. This position will report to the Software Support Manager and will be involved in one or more of the following:
- Collaborate with directors and managers of different departments in order to develop program specification that satisfies business needs.
- Implement and document finalized program specifications.
- Analyze program performance and take action to make changes based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Refine, update, and debug existing applications initially developed by other programmers.
Education – Experience – Certifications – Licenses – Registration Requirements:
- Bachelor degree required, Computer Science or Information Systems.
Required Competencies – Computer Skills – Other:
- 3 years programming experience (.NET ’dotnet’ is a plus).
- Experience in MS Office functionality.
- Familiar with SDLC.
- Working experience with Business Intelligence applications.
- Must be able to think logically and systematically.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with all problems that may arise from the day to day operations of a very dynamic Information Technology department.
- Well organized, detail oriented, able to work in a small team or on your own, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, without constant supervision.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend information in English.
- Must be within a commutable distance to Long Island City, NY to be considered.
MechoSystems offers a full suite of benefits including Health and Dental, 401K, paid time off, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
Please no phone calls or Recruiters. Qualified applicants will be contacted.